Lettuce Love Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or application, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lettuce Love Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st March, 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Signing in through Facebook you authorize us to access certain information, such as your Facebook profile picture, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information.
- Device information. This may include your IP address, device ID and type.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Blocking and reporting a user profile.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may share the information we collect from and about you (including personal information) with third parties, such as our advertiser or publisher clients, Partners, sponsors and business partners for their own use.
We may also share the information we collect, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- We may share your personal information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Sites, Apps, and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users, clients, Partners, or business partners.
- Collection of PII may occur, for example, if someone submits information in response to an ad that we provide on behalf of an advertising client. Such information may consist of PII, non-PII, or both. In such situations, we collect the information and provide it to our client, and it will be subject to that client’s privacy practices.
- When businesses subscribe to our Services, the order process may request a credit card transaction. Order information is encrypted when it is transmitted for credit card processing to the credit card services provider and when returned to us. Encryption is a process by which we use software to scramble information in transit. Our website is also registered with site identification authorities to enable your browser to confirm our website’s identity before any transmission is sent.
Our Services include advertising and business intelligence services that allow us to help our advertising and publishing clients provide more relevant advertising and content on the Sites and Apps on our Network and determine general interest in certain locations. In general, we use the information collected from and about you on the Sites, Apps and from Partners to enhance our Services by providing your device with advertising and content that is more closely related to your interests. For example, the information is used to create audiences that are grouped together based on shared interests or preferences (e.g., Sports Fans, car enthusiasts, movie goers) and to measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. Data used to create online audiences is de-identified, helping ensure that neither the ad server nor our cookies contains PII. While our advertising services are targeted, our system is set up to create anonymous user profiles and not to identify individuals specifically. We may share Non-PII, aggregated information, and de-identified information with our clients, advertisers and Partners.
Our Services include data and measurement services, which provide robust data information and reports to advertising clients and customers. We collect Non-PII when you use Sites and Apps and some Partners may make Non-PII, including geolocation information, available on certain platforms. We can only collect geolocation data if you have enabled it on your device and given permission to the Site or App. We collect Non-PII including this geolocation data in the course of providing our Services, and then utilize our technology to derive and provide our clients and customers with demographic and statistical analyses, such as identifying patterns that will enhance the relevance of ads, providing advertisements to certain types of audiences, identifying and optimizing trade areas, and business locations, and for helping our clients make informed business decisions about consumer behavior.
We collect information from our own Apps and from our partners, which include mobile advertising networks and mobile apps that deliver advertising onto your mobile device. Our technology collects information about the location of mobile devices and processes it to determine geo location segments that can be used to make digital advertisements and marketing decisions more relevant and useful. We may collect this information over time and across websites, mobile apps and devices. We may also supplement the information we collect via our technology with audience information from third parties.
We receive geo location data generated from your use of your mobile device provided by mobile app publishers (via SDK, beacon pings or other methodology), other media supply sources in conjunction with the opportunity to purchase advertising inventory, and via data aggregators. When we process geo location data, the mobile app publisher or other media supply source is responsible for enabling you to provide or withdraw consent with respect to the collection and use of your geo location data. You may also control your mobile device directly by enabling or disabling your location settings on your device.
We may share this Non-PII with advertisers, clients, and Partners. Lettuce Love may share or transfer such geo location data to clients and partners, including for use in targeting ads. We and our clients and partners use the information we collect to create data segments, and these data segments are generally based upon your interactions with our clients or other third party media suppliers, such as the websites that you visit and the mobile applications that you use.
Lettuce Love does not knowingly collect data or create data segments that are based upon what we consider to be sensitive information (for example, we don’t create any data segments to determine credit worthiness, for insurance underwriting or similar purposes). Lettuce Love may collect data to create health-related segments such as an inferred interest in diet and wellness, but not comprised of sensitive health data. Lettuce Love does not sell its data products to law enforcement agencies.
We also receive pseudonymous information from third parties, when they choose to provide it to us. This information may include identifiers (like mobile advertising IDs) and interest-based advertising data tied to those identifiers, including segments provided by third-party data providers for our clients to use in targeting ads through the Services. Lettuce Love does not use this data to personally identify you.
We may assign a Lettuce Love ID to your browser, computer or mobile device when we serve an ad to it or we identify it on a client’s website or mobile app. The Lettuce Love ID and other information collected via the Services can also help our advertising clients measure the effectiveness of advertisements delivered via the Services. They enable the Services to determine within a reasonable level of confidence that a computer or device is the same as one with which the Services has previously interacted. For instance, the Services can determine that a computer or device to which we served an ad on Monday may be the same computer or device for which we observed a purchase on Tuesday.
In some cases, Lettuce Love is also able to infer within a reasonable probability that a particular computer or mobile device should be associated with the same Lettuce Love ID that we have previously assigned to another computer or mobile device. In other words, in such cases we are able to infer that a device (e.g. your computer) and another device (e.g. your smartphone) are used by the same user. Where we are able to make such inferences, we may use this information to deliver targeted ads across multiple computers or devices, and to improve the services we provide to our clients. This is sometimes referred to as cross-device advertising.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the U.K. Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Updated: 31st October, 2017